Contact WesTek if you require engineering support regarding the use of GFRP in your application.
What is GFRP rebar?
- GFRP stands for Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer
- GFRP is a composite material of fibers reinforced with a polymer matrix.
- The fibers are glass as in fiberglass.
- The polymer matrix is polyester thermosetting plastic.
Benefits of GFRP rebar?
- FRP rebar has a number of advantages such as corrosion resistance, light weight and a tensile strength stronger than steel.
- FRP can be used in structural or architectural applications. It is a great alternative to steel where a wet or corrosive environment will eventually reach the rebar.